Sunday, December 4, 2016

Ya-Malaysia, Parramatta

On a spontaneous outing, we decided to try out Ya-Malaysia (312 Church Street, Parramatta) with a Groupon voucher. I'm not sure if this place is new but I've never seen it before haha. It has a decent amount of seating and are quick and kind with their service.

Fish Cakes ($6)

Yummy fish cakes! I'm really fond of these fish cakes, they were glossy, nicely flavoured and had a some crispy soft skin that made it taste even better. Enjoyed these, I easily ate two hahaha~
Satay Chicken Skewers w/ Peanut Sauce ($8)

Satay flavour was a bit spicy but well done, not exactly fond of peanut sauce so can't comment on that one but it does a good job of making the flavour more gentle if a spicy satay isn't what you like. The meat was a bit hard though and not as tender as I would have liked.
Stir Fried Chicken w/ Ginger ($15.90)

The dishes are getting more Chinese rather than Malaysian now hahaha. We wanted pork but they ran out of pork that day and had to get chicken. The chicken was rather dry so didn't really like that. But it's a nice simple dish that was probably stir fried with a bit of salt and oyster sauce and ginger making it a dish on the plainer side which I don't mind.

Salt & Pepper Soft Shell Crab ($19.90)

I'm always a big fan of soft shell crab and this one was pretty nice. Soft, a bit crunchy and quite juicy. If only there were more pieces thoughh!

Sweet and Sour Chicken ($15.90)

I've never been a fan of sweet and sour dishes but this was OK. The pineapples were especially sweet which was nice! I did like that there was a nice balance of sweetness and sourness and probably leaned to the sweet more which is what I would prefer. Chicken was nice and tender in this dish haha.

Fresh Young Coconut Juice ($5)

As my friend described it, the coconut juice didn't taste very young at all ahaha so that was a letdown.

Teh Tarik - Malaysian Milk Tea ($5)

I really wanted to enjoy this but this was really watery, not sweet and a bit bitter. Didn't like it very much at all.

Overall, I think it's a decent place if you want a busy but not super loud place to chat with friends over dinner with and have some quick dinner. Service is very fast and so you'll get your food in no time which is what I liked about this one. But, it's a pretty average place, quite disappointed with my milk tea haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!