Sunday, November 20, 2016

Chimichuri, Chatswood

 I went to watch Death Note: Light Up the New World at Chatswood the other day (probably been a week at least LOL). So, I looked around Instagram to see what's good in Chatswood hahaha.

This was when I came across Chimichuri (6 Help Street, Charswood)  and saw some good photos! But you know, Instagram is always deceiving so you've gotta try it yourself! We probably arrived around 12-12:30 on a Thursday and there were a couple of people but not packed so that was great~ Service was pretty quick. Got my drink in ~5 mins and food around 10. The staff were also very friendly and helpful.

French Toast ($16)
Warm soaked brioche toast, pomegranate, meringue, fresh berries, grilled banana

I think it's a standard that my friend will order the French Toast and I'll always order the Big Breakfast every time we go to a cafe hahaha! This was actually pretty yummy! Sweet and soft but not soggyand that gtilled banana was actually reallyyy good <3 I'd recommend this one from that one bite I had hahahaha!

Big Brekkie ($18)
Eggs your way. crispy bacon, charred corn, baked beans, chorizo, roasted mushrooms, grilled tomato baked sweet potato & served with toast

Unfortunately, I couldnt' say the same about the Big Brekkie. It's the return of the hard bread!! I think I'm cursed with this LOL, everywhere I go I get hard bread where I'd hit it with my knife and it'd literally resound beautifully like a rock. Or maybe I just have weak gums but yeah, I can't deal with hard bread. I have also realised after this that I am not a big fan of chorizo either haha, a little bit is fine but I couldn't eat two slices! Bacon was a bit hard more than crispy as well so that was disappointing.

However, the eggs were really soft and fluffy with this bit of lemon juice sorta sour refreshing after taste. I guess that made it easier to tackle the other heavier foods on the plate. Beans were also nice. The mushrooms were so yuum! Soft, and juicy! I gave the corn to my friend who said it was averagely sweet, nothing special. 

Gotta say though, the baked sweet potato was so good!!! It was so sweet and super soft! Literally like melting in my mouth but retains that lovely texture of sweet potato but sort of mashed kind of feel. It was so delicious, easily the best thing on the plate. I left it for last to enjoy happily lolol. But yeah, that was the only thing I really liked on the plate hahaha.

Tropical Sunshine ($6.50)
Mango, raspberry, pineapple

This sounds so good right?! Too bad, it was pretty dang sour and watery LOL. Yeah, I was disappointed :( Couldn't really taste much of the fruits either since it was rather watery.

Overall, I'd say this is a nice out-of-the-way place to chill. Not too far from Chatswood Station but far enough that not many people would especially go there and find it unless they know about it or work/live close by. It's a nice little cafe with good French Toast so I think it's worth a try if you're around but nothing spectacular enough to trek all the way if your'e from the West like me~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!