Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Charlim, Lidcombe

Happy new year! First review of the year yee~ I actually came here a while ago but completely forgot to review it! Hahaha, I came here for dinner with my friends but they have said that the lunch menu at The Charlim (Lidcombe Centre, 92 Parramatta Road, Lidcombe) is cheap and great as well! 

There's no line here but it is quite lively and the service is quick and nice! It is also quite spacious and I love that vacuum thingo tube that comes from the ceiling to suck in all the Korean BBQ smoke! Makes my life much easier and doesn't make my hair smell so much like it either. To be fair, they're located in Lidcombe Centre though so they probably had to have that haha. Anywho, convenient place for lunch and some shopping for groceries!

BBQ Beef Set ($90)

I can't remember the price but seeing the menu online, it seems like it's this one. We shared this with four people altogether with another three side dishes and we were plenty full! The meat was nice, tender and fresh but since we were noobs at BBQing our own meat (other people always do it for us! HAHA) the waitress helped us out a lot by coming over every now and then to cook it for us lmao. That was really nice of her and we all got a good share of meat.

Seafood Shallot Pancake ($15)

Quite a normal pancake that I enjoyed but I think there was a lot of shallot and not quite as much seafood. There wasn't much taste to it either so I dipped it in some sauce too. I usually don't prefer to dip it in sauce so yeah haha.

Steamed Egg ($10)

This was really nice and fluffyy! Not as fluffy as the steamed egg my Dad makes (he is a chef as well after all~) but this was still pretty good. Nice, simple and yum.

Fried Dumplings ($10)

Out of all the dishes, I think I enjoyed this one the most, it was crunchy but filled with soft meat and tender meat juices. I happily indulged in it hahaha.

Our meal came with all this! Sauces and two big bowls of salad and veggies.

Look at all those veggies haha!

The only disappointing thing would have to be the side dishes. I wasn't much of a fan of the radish or cauliflower which were more on the sour side. Kimchi was sour and spicy as well. which I wasn't very fond of.

Overall, I think this is a nice place to enjoy some Korean BBQ and some dishes for quiet but still lively dinner or lunch, especially if there are things you would want to grab at Coles, Woolworths, Priceline, Target or Daiso Japan since they're all in this one place making it super convenient! I enjoyed dining in this place and the food was pretty good as well, I'd definitely want to try their lunch specials next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!