Sunday, October 8, 2017

Mikazuki, Parramatta

Yayyy! Parramatta is opening more Japanese restaurants! I've already been here like 3-4 times just because Mikazuki (169 Macquarie St, Parramatta) is so close to Parramatta Station since it's like right across from Arthur Phillip High School and is right next to UWS/WSU. It's a decent place that's a tad more on the expensive side but not too more than average so I really like it! Service is nice and the food comes in 10-15 minutes which I am always glad for.

Nabe Udon ($15.50)
Soy dashi flavoured white wheat noodle soup and seaweed in a pot topped w/ shallot, seaweed, naruto maki, soybean curd, tempura prawn and onsen egg

I really like the udon hereee! It's so springy but also soft making it really easy to eat and enjoy! Great for Winter and with the onsen egg mixed in, the soup is a bit eggy but filled with dashi flavour making it really lightly flavoured but not plain at all! The tempura prawn is also very big and legit, it's sweet and filled with seafood flavour and not soggy at all. Everything else is as usual since you literally just put it in to cook it so of course it was good~ I've eaten this twice already just because I've been so colddd and this warms my soul lolol.

Spicy Seafood Poke Bowl ($18.90)
Hawaiian style cube sashimi in spicy sauce and sushi rice topped  w/ seaweed, pickled ginger, avocado, nori, sesame, greens and roe

At first, I wasn't really sure whether I would like this but whoaa this was actually pretty good! Te sashimi was fresh and mixed with the spicy sauce and rice gave it a bit of a spicy but flavoursome mix. It's not very spicy at all so it's all right even if you can't eat spicy food especially since the seaweed and avocado hep to break it up from the spiciness as well. I'd recommend this~

Takoyaki ($7.50)
Octopus balls drizzled with garlic aioli, Japanese BBQ sauce, tuna shavings and seaweed paper

This isn't the cheapest of takoyaki but it most definitely is legit with the big pieces of octopus that are in the balls. It's nice and crispy outside but super hot and soft on the inside. I really liked this~ I really wanted another onee hahaha.

Large Tonkotsu Shoyu Karaage Ramen

My brother had this and thought the soup was rather salty and average for the price it had. 

Tonkotsu Miso Chashu Ramen ($15)

I wasn't a fan of the ramen either as it was pretty average, nothing special. It's not too thick so that's good but the chashu wasn't very crispy or very soft either. The noodles were very basic packet kind of noodles but the egg was perfect~~ Runny but not crazy watery kinda runny which is what I lovee~ Soup base was average in that it wasn't very good but not enough to hate it I guess? Basically, average overall.

Soft Shell Crab Roll ($12) and Crunchy Roll ($14.50)

The sushi were rather expensive for what it was considering that the rice was quite cold and more akin to boiled rice rather than sushi rice? The tempura was crunchy but it doesn't have that much meat to it and the soft shell crab was average in that it was soft but nothing special.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend the sushi or the ramen but I think the udon and rice bowls are quite delicious considering the limited options in Parramatta for Japanese food. I'll definitely continue to come here since it's so close and I love takoyaki haha. I can't wait to try all the other dishes~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!