Friday, January 23, 2015

[QUICK FOOD REVIEW] Kenzi Sake Bar, Chatswood

Since I work in Chatswood, my voucher addict sister told me about a Scoopon voucher that is $9 for bowl of ramen and a soft drink can at Kenzi Sake Bar (Shop 5, 409 Victoria Avenue Chatswood). I've never been here before and I thought it would be a good place to have a nice chat with a friend and fulfil my ramen cravings. You can choose from Miso ramen, Tonkotsu ramen and Shoyu ramen. It has a nice Japanese feel to the place and the service is quick. The voucher is valid until the 5th of April and is exclusively valid for lunch time which is 11am-3pm. So if you're in Chatswood and would like a fast and satisfying meal, this is a place to check out.


I don't know when it started but ever since some time ago, I've become a fan of Miso ramen. Whenever there's an option for a miso base, I would always always choose it! I just love the flavour it has. So of course, I was curious about the miso ramen here. The most disappointing thing about it was that the egg wasn't the nicely marinated soft boiled egg that is usually served in ramen in other stores. This one was a very normal boiled egg haha. But I really really liked their choice of putting pork and this deep fried tofu (sorta thing) with the noodles. They soaked up the flavour of the soup really well complementing the ramen wonderfully. I especially loved the pork since it was very soft and tender. It was a tad bit fatty though. The noodles are very standard, not handmade or anything, just the typical soft thin noodles like the ones at Ramenkan. In addition, the soup wasn't the best I've tasted because I do like the bit of chilli that some other miso ramen have but this tasted pretty nice. It wasn't salty but I did feel like it had more of a soy sauce flavour to it than miso though.

Overall, I liked it. I'd say that I like Menya and Ramenkan's ramen more but I think this is a pretty cheap alternative in Chatswood. Personally, I liked the restaurant atmosphere and the service. It's also located at Chatswood Concourse and so it is really close to Chatswood station and Westfields making it a very convenient spot for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!