Wednesday, February 17, 2016

MQ Fusion, Macquarie

This is probably like the third time in my whole entire life that I've been to Macquarie, like no kidding. Probably second time to the shopping centre haha. To be fair, Macquarie takes like an hour and a half to get to, which is okay for me but having to change trains like twice just turns me off it unless I need to go there lol. But yeah, my friends love Macquarie shopping centre though so we went~ and of course, I ate food hahaha.

I can't remember the prices of the dishes but they ranged from around $10-15 and we ordered 3 dishes that came to a total of around $38 or something with three people so it was fairly cheap and filling. I believe this shop is a Vietnamese Thai fusion and is called MQ Fusion (Shop 409 Level 4 Opposite Event Cinemas Macquarie Centre, 197-223 Herring Road, Macquarie Park); easily accessible to shoppers and those working near the centre. I saw quite a few office people having lunch here. It's a pretty small place that you'd probably walk past if you weren't looking, the only reason we stopped was because my friend saw salt and pepper soft shelled crab and pulled us in hahaha.


HAHAHA, sorry, I obviously was not awake since I didn't even bother moving the sauce etc to show you what the roast pork looked like hahaha. Well, doesn't matter anyway since I didn't like this dish. The meat was reallyyy hard! It seriously left me munching on it for days, I thought I'd never finish it lol. It's quite lightly salted, probably to complement the sauce that I wasn't really into since I don't like dipping roast pork in any sort of sauce but yeah, wish it was tender.


This Salt and Pepper Soft Shell Crab although looked really good, had quite a thick batter so I wasn't the biggest fan for it. In addition, even though it was salt and pepper, it was really bland and so you were practically forced to dip it into the sauce if you wanted any sort of taste to it, Sauce was a bit sour and refreshing which was a nice complement but not my cup of tea.


My motto for trying new restaurants is always that there needs to be at least one safe dish that can't go wrong and this time, it was the Pad See Ew for me and I'm so glad we picked it because this was actually really good! It was lightly sweet but not overpowering at all and had a good balance of veggies and beef making it a very comforting dish. Beef was very nice and tender as well. I wouldn't have minded if there was more meat though hahaha!

I'm not particularly impressed with this place especially since 2/3 dishes weren't what I would've liked but I think for a quick and cheap lunch with a good ol' pad see ew, it's definitely worth it. But yeah, I wouldn't come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!