Saturday, March 26, 2016

Poporo Takeru, Market City

It's been a whileee! This is probably going to be the opening for all of my posts from now on since UTS has finally started their Autumn Semester and I'm already behind with my homework so here I am procrastinating lmao.

Anywho, this time, it's a place I've been to a few times in the past! Poporo (Shop 2A, Level 3, Market City, 9-13 Hay Street,Chinatown) is on the food court level of market city right next to the sushi train there (cheap for students! and pretty good!). It has been here for many years and it is a rather spacious little restaurant with comfortable chairs and a nice atmosphere. It's also fun how you can see the people eating sushi train hahaha!

Hotate Kinoko Spaghetti 1/2 size ($6.30)

Since my friend and I really like variety, we decided to just try 2 half sized dishes instead of settling for one hahaha. She got the this one which was a scallop and mushroom spaghetti, the taste was very light and cheesy but too oily for me. It was a nice plain spaghetti dish but otherwise, nothing spectacular.

Kaisen Don 1/2 size ($7.90)

I was super excited for this since I love fresh salmon on rice with mayonnaise but sadly this was a disappointment. I have no idea why this was soo sweet! It was so weird! Hahaha, I had to add so much soy sauce to the rice to balance it back to normal. I much prefer Ramenkan's kaisen don instead. But the salmon was pretty fresh and smooth <3

Spicy Soft Shell Crab Spaghetti 1/2 size ($7.10)

I was also quite excited to try this soft shelled crab boiled crab meat with spicy cream sauce spaghetti since it looked great on the menu and it didn't disappoint! The sauce was good in how it was spicy and creamy but it was too watery and spicy for me. It said it was mildly spicy but I had to take turns drinking water and eating my kaisen don to wash out the spiciness each bite hahaha (yes I'm weak). However it did taste nice. And if you haven't noticed, these half sized dishes have such generous portions! Like the kaisen don is very obviously smaller sized but these pasta dishes were pretty good sized portions. 

Mango Calpis ($3.90)

I love ordering mango calpis whenever I see it on a menu hahaha and this one although a bit watery tasted like the usual, sweet, cold and refreshing!

Overall, I would recommend coming here for an average cheap meal that will satisfy your stomachs and since it is in market city, it's really close to everything so super convenient for lunch if you're around the area and the service was quick and efficient. All in all, I don't mind coming back, but it's not somewhere I'd especially go back for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!