Sunday, November 13, 2016

Chow Bella Cafe, Lidcombe

Hellooo! Yes, yes, I've been MIA (again) for like 2 months b/c of exams and stuff as I always am lol~ Apologies. It was just hard to really find some time to feel like going out to eat and writing up a post. I guess time isn't always the biggest issue since motivation plays a big part but yeah, anyway~ My life isn't important. Let's just say... 我回来了~~~ lol

Located in Lidcombe Shopping Centre (26/92 Parramatta, Road, Lidcombe) is a nice place for brunch in the West. It's very convenient if you want to do some grocery shopping and stuff in Woolies, Daiso Japan etc as well as have a nice brunch catch-up with friends.Surroundings are busy but not too loud and so is great for a bit of chitchat. The wait for food wasn't very long either (~10 mins)

Big Breakfast ($18.50)
Baco, eggs, confit tomato, sour dough, beef sausage, house made beans, hash brown

I haven't had a big breakfast in soo long! So I just had to get this one haha. Scrambled eggs are my fave so that was nice and fluffy. Bread was rather soft but crunchy as well so really liked it! However, it was a tad too salty but that was easily rectified with spoonfuls of beans or a tomato slice. Biggest gripe would have to be the sausages since they taste like those cheap beef sausages that do not taste much like beef at all lol. They're great with bread when you're lazy but not what I want in a big breakfast so that was disappointing. But it was pretty okay overall, I'm just glad I had a coffee on the side since it did get rather salty since there's added salt on the hash brown etc which I really didn't want hahaha. I'm a 'less is more' person hahaha. (P.S that little wok for the beans is toooo cutee! I want one T_T)

Eggs Benedict ($15.90)
Bacon, poached eggs, sour dough, spinach, hollandaise sauce

My friend chose this one and really enjoyed it~ I wanna say more about it but I didn't eat it LOL so I really just put the photo here for reference if you were curious as to what it looks like hahaha.

Regular Mochas & Latte ($3.50)

My mocha wasn't too sweet at all and was more on the bitter side which was a good pick me up for the day since I was so tired (like I always am) and that extra itty bitty cookie was a plus! Cookies for life pls <3 

All in all, I think it's a pretty nice and convenient place to catch-up and have some brunch but don't expect anything extraordinary. It's an average little cafe that does its job well, which I'm all for so why not~ It's not too far from my house either so that's a plus hahahaha. Oh and I forgot! My other friend ordered the Signature Crispy Skin Salmon Risotto ($24.90) and there was plenty of salmon and it was quite a big serving! I stole some and I thought it was really good even though I don't generally enjoy risotto. I'd say that's definitely a dish worth trying here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!