Friday, September 19, 2014

[FOOD REVIEW] Baia The Italian, Cockle Bay Wharf

As a person that loves food, I think that there's nothing better than being able to eat good food at a cheap price (except for free food!). Seriously! Thus, my sister and I really like to buy vouchers from sites such as Groupon to get our share of cheaper and yummy experiences at all kinds of restaurants that are featured there. Although there will be the occasional hits and misses, I'm really glad that I have my sister that loves to keep trying these deals with me! Yee!

This time, we have arrived at Baia The Italian situated at Cockle Bay Wharf.
It's really close to Blackbird Cafe which means it is a short distance away from Town Hall Station. I'm no driver so I really appreciate these places! For this round, we came to try their breakfast menu and to get a good view of the harbour while we're at it! However, breakfast is only available from 8:30am to 11:30am. Which I guess is normal breakfast time but I'm not a morning person so it was pretty difficult for me haha! I sincerely appreciate places with all day breakfast!







Since it was a bit chilly that day, we decided to sit inside but to be honest, I don't think there really was a difference haha! All is good though because we ordered a Mocha ($4.50) to warm ourselves up! Mmm! Personally, I think the coffee taste was too strong though so I'm not a fan of it but it was relatively smooth. I love the funky spoon!

My Baia Breakfast ($18) is here! I was so excited to receive this since I was starving! It has tomato, mushroom, bacon, hash brown, baked beans and my choice of scrambled eggs. But, I was quite disappointed. The crust of the bread was really hard!! It was literally too hard to cut it so I just gave up on it. The eggs were lightly salted and fluffy though so that was good! But, I think it was a pretty regular breakfast that I could have gotten for a cheaper price. I guess the view makes up for it though if you like nice scenery with food!

My sister chose the Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon and Hollondaise sauce ($17) and the bread tasted much better with the egg yolk oozing onto it (so lovely!) and hollandaise sauce to complement it. The smoked salmon didn't taste very fresh and pleasant though but I'm not sure if that's because I don't really like smoked salmon. But, there really wasn't enough hollandaise sauce! I think I love the sauce too much hahaha.

Overall, this place has got a good view and if you're intending on trying this place out, I think the eggs benedict might be a better choice. In addition, it's a really nice and soothing place in the morning since there aren't many people around so it has the perfect calming atmosphere to start off a day! I'm not very impressed by the breakfast I ate but I may consider trying out their main menu for another time! I probably would if there's a voucher for it haha~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!