Monday, November 17, 2014

[FOOD REVIEW] Oliver Brown, Auburn

I don't know if you've noticed but I have realised that recently wherever I go, there is an Oliver Brown nearby. A while ago, they came to my suburb, Auburn (Cnr Harrow Rd & Queen St Auburn Central Shopping Centre)! Now there's another place for chocolate and waffles here! It is really close to the station and other stores such as Woolworths and Big W. It is a good place to stop by for a drink or for a chat after buying groceries.


If you're curious about that finger, it's my friend Crystal's hahaha. She insisted on being a part of it lol. This is the Milk Hot Chocolate ($5.50) that contains Premium Belgian chocolate served with marshmallows. Well, in this case, one marshmallow. I love dipping marshmallows in hot chocolate and then eating it! They taste so much better! If you're looking for a thick hot chocolate, this will not be your cup of chocolate. It's rather light and milky and isn't overly sweet. Definitely not as chocolatey as San Churros. But I liked it. It wasn't overpowering and you wouldn't think it's too much chocolate in one cup. 

This also looks exactly like the Milk Hot Chocolate with Crunchy Balls ($6) in which I tried as well~ The added crunchy balls taste exactly like coco pops! However, unlike coco pops, it won't become soggy after being submerged in liquid. It remains crunchy and is a nice little treat when sipping your chocolate. It's like an extra tad of crunchy bits to eat!


Yes, it's another drink! Hahaha, I tried these drinks on different days, so don't mistake me as some sort of drinking machine! This is the Milk Iced Chocolate ($7.50) made from premium Belgium chocolate and served with chocolate flakes. Unfortunately, I wasn't a fan of this one. It had a lot of ice and tasted more like watery chocolate with some milk. It only had a subtle chocolate taste and it got even worse when the ice melted. The iced chocolate at Gloria Jeans is much better.


The other day, I tried the Mango Passionfruit ($7.80) which is mango & passionfruit puree blended with ice at the Chatswood branch and although I thought this one had a lot of ice as well, it was very refreshing and light. Slightly sweet with more of a mango taste than passionfruit. I couldn't really taste the passionfruit but you can see the seeds haha. It's a nice cold drink to go along with waffles!


Yay! It's waffles (and the finger)! The Frutti Waffle ($12.50) - Belgium waffle, strawberries, banana, ice cream and melted chocolate tasted wonderful! The strawberries and bananas were fresh and sweet and accompanied with ice cream made the waffles taste heavenly! The waffles were soft and moist, just the way I like it!


If you want a cheaper alternative and don't need ice cream or bananas (I love bananas!), the Belgium Waffle ($10)  which consists of two Belgium waffles, strawberries and melted chocolate would be the perfect choice! If you only want one waffle, it'll be $6 instead!

The Classic Fondue for Two ($17.50) with fresh strawberries, banana, marshmallows, banana bread, bread sticks was way too tempting to pass when I came here on another visit. However, the fondue chocolate was quite watery. It was still sweet and good but it would have been better if it was thicker. As for the fruit, they tasted fresh and sweet and having banana bread was an additional surprise I didn't expect to come along with fondue! They were all very well matched dipped in chocolate and made my stomach very happy and satisfied.

Since this is in my neighbourhood now, I will definitely come to visit occasionally for my dose of chocolate! It's really close and convenient for me and who can resist chocolate?! I'm more fond of the hot drinks rather than the cold though so I might try the coffee next time with churros or crepe! They both look so good on the menu!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'll think about if you keep on feeding me good food. Depends on your performance :p

      Delete

Leave a comment if you like!