Friday, November 21, 2014

[FOOD REVIEW] Burger Project, World Square

4 hours before I have to get ready to head off to the airport and fly to Melbourne! I've never been a fan of plane rides and so I always have a sense of excitement and fear every time I catch a plane. It's like the first day of school every semester haha. Since I might not have time next week to make a post, I thought I'd talk about the latest burger joint everyone's been going to before I leave! (I'm only going for 4 days but I get tired and lazy easily :p)

Yes, I went to the Burger Project (644 George St, World Square) which is right next to Din Tai Fung. To be honest, I thought it would be a gourmet burger shop but it's actually quite a casual burger joint where you order and then find your own table. Pretty much like a fast food place. Considering that Din Tai Fung is next to it, I really didn't expect this but no biggie! At least, it looks pretty clean! In addition, service is relatively fast.


TA-DA! First photo of food! This is the Chicken Dog ($8.90) that my sister ordered! I really considered getting this but I decided that if I'm going to the 'Burger' Project, why am I getting hot dogs? Lol. Obviously, I still took a bite from hers though. Pretty average hot dog. Soft bread and nice balance of lettuce and sauce but really nothing special.


I heard that quite a few people liked the House Made Chips ($4.90) here but when my sister's boyfriend got the chips, I was honestly disappointed at the appearance and the taste. It mostly consisted of small pieces that were like scraps and to be honest, I'd rather have Maccas chips instead. The taste wasn't overly salty or anything like Maccas can be sometimes but it definitely was disappointing. Apparently, if you actually get the good chips, they're pretty nice though. Sadly, I wasn't a lucky one.

If you're staring at the Crispy Hot Wing ($3.50 each/3 for $9), this is worth a try! Although the flavour is a bit overpowering, the chicken wing is very tender and juicy. Probably finger licking good.



Doesn't this look delicious!? The Spicy Pork Belly Burger ($9.90) with crispy free range pork belly, salted chilli, pickles, pickled slaw and lettuce is one to be recommended. Although the crackle was a bit more chewy than crunchy, the pork belly was very tender and matched very nicely with the sauce. Or maybe that's because it's pork belly. Who can resist pork belly!? The burger buns are pretty soft but I think it could be softer.


My Cheese and Bacon Burger ($9.50) filled with grass fed beef, bacon, cheese, onion, pickles (I took them out, I don't like pickles!), tomato, lettuce and secret sauce. I didn't realise this had a secret sauce, I don't really remember it being spectacular. But I really liked the beef, it was nicely grilled and had a strong taste of well cooked beef. It was soft but still retained its' texture and matched well with the cheese. There wasn't much bacon for it to be worth a mention and the cheese was pretty average as well. But, I like melted cheese, they're always good. It's like a better tasting cheeseburger, you'd probably like it if you love cheeseburgers like me haha!

Overall, the food was average with disappointing chips. But I believe it's worth a try if you would like a quick and easy meal. It's convenient and has  a busy atmosphere, so you definitely won't be bored listening in to other people's conversations. Hahaha, nah, it's busy but you can still hear your own voice and others. But I would relate it quite similarly to a fast food restaurant environment. Nothing spectacular but no harm in trying it, they're burgers after all!

3 comments:

  1. Pork belly burger?! Definitely have to try this! I love how high your standard is for bun softness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without the bun, it won't be a burger anymore! ;) I love how whatever weird time I post something, you'd still be on to read it hahaha!

      Delete

Leave a comment if you like!