Monday, December 1, 2014

[FOOD RECOMMENDATION] Pine Inn Bistro, Concord

I'm back from Melbourne!! Well, I've been back for a few days but I've been exhausted and thus I haven't posted for a while but the Melbourne travels and eats will be up soon! I didn't eat anything really spectacular besides big breakfast though so that was a bit disappointing! But, I really enjoyed my 4 day trip! Nevertheless, back to the post!

I've actually talked about this on WeekendNotes before but I think Pine Inn Bistro (19 Parramatta Road, Concord) has definitely improved since then. It's around the Burwood area and easy to get to via car and there's even free parking! Space usually isn't a problem for a table for 4 and there's also seating outside. However, I generally opt for the seating indoors because others smoke outside. Environment is relatively clean and isn't very noisy considering the amount of people. It also accommodates a bar really close to the restaurant and so its convenient for some drinks too.

The appeal of this restaurant is the fixed price of $11 for any of the following meals such as Steak (T-bone or Rump), Fish, German Kranskey Sausage, Pork Chops, Lamb Chops and Calamari. They all come along with chips and salad, making it feel like a very balanced meal (to me!). Hahaha, I mean, if I'm eating salad willingly, it's good enough! Also, there's the choice of Spaghetti Bolognaise if chips and salad isn't your thing.


Doesn't this look amazing?! I haven't been here in a while and so when I picked this up from the counter and took it to my table, I was exhilarated! This is the T-bone Steak smothered with mushroom sauce with Chips and Salad ($11), it's definitely better than the rump steak and to my surprise, they really did cook it medium rare for me on this occasion! In the past, my call for medium rare mostly turned out medium well and it made me rather disappointed but this time, I was really satisfied! The meat was tender and maybe a tad bit too chewy but it was still very good. There's also an overflowing amount of mushroom sauce (which I love!) all over the steak and plenty to dip with your chips! It's got quite a few mushroom pieces and you can definitely taste the mushrooms! It's really tasty and definitely the best mushroom sauce for me. The chips soaked with mushroom sauce under the steak are very soft and mushy and the overpowering taste of the mushroom sauce will render the salt on the chips non-existent. I tend to alternate between chips with sauce and chips without so it's not too sickening haha. But a good choice for a break would be the salad. The salad doesn't have an overwhelming amount of dressing (which is great!) and it's quite creamy and a bit sweet. I think it complements well with the salad and keeps it refreshing but also tasty. I tend to stay away from any salad I see but I have to admit, I kinda like this one.


Yes! It's mushroom sauce again! But this time, it's the Pork Chops with Chips and Salad ($11)! If you're not a fan of steak like my sister, I would recommend for you to try the pork chops. I believe their pork chops have definitely improved as well, it's supremely tender, and very nice and soft. It surprisingly didn't taste weird with mushroom sauce because I was thinking my sister was a bit weird eating it with this sauce (sorry sister! lol) but it was actually pretty good. It enhanced the flavour of the pork chops and I have to say... I just love mushroom sauce in general haha!

I haven't tried the other dishes but I have tasted the German Kranskey Sausage with Chips and Salad ($11) and I would suggest that as another option if you're not into steak. But if you are, T-bone steak is the way to go! I'm in love! I always come around here when my brothers and I are craving for some fast, cheap and good steak. It's definitely the most satisfying steak I've had if we're on a budget and want a quick meal. Cheap and good food always makes it into my favourites after all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!