Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Choc Pot, Sydney CBD

It's been a whole month since my last post! It's crazy how fast time passes by. I actually haven't been to any new restaurants in the whole month but I guess you can consider this one new since it's a new branch haha! I've been to the Burwood once and absolutely loved the choc pot, but the other day when I saw that this had opened right next to Aqua S at Regent Place, 501 George Street, I knew I had to try it!

I can't remember the prices anymore but altogether it costed around $40 with the drinks probably around $6.50 and the desserts around $12 at least probably. Food was served really fast and I guess turn over was pretty quick considering everything is about efficiency in the CBD on weekends and lunch times ahaha. Generally, there isn't a line though, or maybe I just had a lucky day!

Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae

Mmmm! This is written as a home-made salted caramel brownie smothered in melted dark Belgian chocolate, topped with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, whipped cream and home-made honeycomb pieces. My friend ordered this one and I couldn't help but take a bite out of it! Personally, I thought the brownie's top layer was a bit too crunchy for my liking but I guess it balances well with the ice cream and chocolate sauce when eaten together. It was denseee for sure though, in a good way. Not an impressive option for your palate though considering its appearance.

Lord of the Crepes

I've always wanted to eat a crepe like a lady (lol) so I decided to choose this one! Apparently this has home made vanilla whipped cream topped with strawberries and drizzled with melted Belgian chocolate. Personally, I wasn't a fan of it though because of how overpowering the whipped cream was, it wasn't the flavour of the cream (since that was rather plain) that was overpowering but the sheer amount of it in the crepe that just threw me off and just made me think I was eating a mouthful of cream every bite. It was difficult to discern whether I was eating cream or crepe. Definitely a Lord of the Cream.

Caramel Hot Chocolate 

My friend said that there was no caramel taste to this and tasted just like a hot chocolate, but his taste buds might have been overtaken by the brownie taste hahahaha. 

Red Velvet Hot Chocolate 

On the website, it is stated that this was made with creamy Jersey milk and a mix of dark and milk Belgian melted chocolate (just like the normal hot chocolate), topped with cream cheese whipped cream. I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't get to try the cream cheese whipped cream since I knocked it over and it just melted in the chocolate hahaha. Surprisingly, this was better than I thought though but it was a good contrast with the plain taste of the crepe since this was rather sweet.  Quite sweet actually in that I felt it lost the appeal of the Belgian chocolate taste because it was overtaken by that red velvet cupcake icing sort of sweetness. But I didn't mind it I guess.

Overall, the choc pot is still the best dessert here for now! Unless I try other desserts like the waffles mmm, then I might do another little addition but yahh, personally, I wasn't very impressed with what I ordered this time but I think it was a nice enjoyable place to stay and eat some super chocolate-tey stuff in the city and close by to Town Hall station too! But then again...I saw a Guylian Chocolate open up nearby the station so maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!