Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Mandoo, Strathfield

It's been sooo cold lately! So, my friend and I wanted to stock up on some Korean facial masks in Strathfield and have lunch while we're at it, when she recommended this dumpling place for us to try. It's located super close to the train station and is a little shop (12A The Boulevarde, Strathfield) but there was no line and I have to say, the prawn dumplings are soo nicee! I'm drooling looking at the photo again whilst shivering in this cold temperature. Sydney is too cold right noww! It's not even technically Winter yet! Brrrrrrr....

The spread!

Deep Fried Pork Dumplings ($12)

These were rather average, very crunchy and not very meaty so it was a pretty good snack to crunch on but not something filling or outstanding. I think it would be better to try another dumpling dish. I didn't dislike it though since it was plain but enjoyable.

Beef Bone Noodle Soup ($12)

On the other hand, the beef bone noodle soup was great! Well, technically, only the soup was great, you could really taste the solid meat taste that comes from them boiling the bones for hours. In addition, it was super warm and great for the cold day. Otherwise, the noodles don't soak in the taste of the soup and there isn't much beef in the dish at all besides little tough strips of meat that weren't very tasty at all. I think if they use the same soup for the other dumpling soups, it might be better to try those instead, since apparently they're quite popular.

Prawn with Pork Dumplings ($13)

Now for my favourite of the bunch! They're exactly as described and tastes as good as it looks! There's a full prawn in there and it meshes so well with the pork filling that I wish I could have moreee! Two was not enough T_T It was really tasty and full of flavour even without dipping sauce but I still dipped it anyway because why not hahaha. Definitely recommended if you come here!


The food also came along with a side of kimchi, which is always welcome! Every now and then when I wanted something with a strong taste, I took a bite of kimchi hahaha. The kimchi wasn't too spicy so that was good too, but it had enough taste to it that it satisfied all my cravings for something stronger tasting amongst the plainer foods. I think it was a really balanced meal in terms of taste and I enjoy that. It's like everything complemented well with each other without you thinking there was too much of any dish.

I really liked this place and I really want to try the other dishes! I'm definitely very fond of it considering my tastebuds lean to the plainer sides of foods, so if you like strong tasting foods, you might not like this place. But I loved it, and it's great for Winter time now! I need to come here again~~ <3 Or maybe I should order takeaway haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!