Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Social Hideout Cafe, Parramatta

I've been wanting to try out more cafes in Parramatta since I live so close to there and should explore it a bit more hahaha, thus I ventured to Social Hideout (2a/20 Victoria Road, Parramatta). It wasn't very far away from the station but probably around a 15 minute walk since it's sort of close to the Riverside Theatre. Luckily, there was no line when we arrived around 12pm on a weekday. Service was quite quick but I'm not very fond of their table sitting arrangements haha.

The Hayne Plane ($21.50)
Poached eggs, avocado, baby spinach, thyme mushrooms, smoked tomato, turkey, smoked salmon, sourdough

Looks pretty good aye! My brother said it was pretty okay, not bad. Fresh and nice~

Wagyu Burger ($18.90)
Wagyu beef, onion jam, aioli, tomato, American cheese, crunchy chips, Japanese milk bun

On the other hand, my sister was rather disappointed with her burger since it tasted rather average and her crunchy chips weren't crunchy at all haha. The milk bun was soft but nothing special either.

Social Hideout Breakfast ($19.90)
Poached eggs, bacon, sausage, hash, thyme mushrooms, roasted tomato, sourdough

After this platter, I realised that I really don't like poached eggs or I especially did not like these ones because that egg yolk was soo runny, it was like water leaking and I could not like it. Bacon and hash browns were really crisp and nice and the tomato wasn't too soggy (yay!). Mushrooms were all right but the bread was dangg hard, I gave up on it hahaha. But the worst were those sausages! It tastes just like those cheap 10 or 20 in a pack sausages that are a bargain but taste like fake sour meat and I was so disappointed in it considering a big breakfast these days is $20 and I cant' even get a decent sausage, sigh.

Overall, it was nice to go try it out but considering the distance from the station (I'm lazy) and the mostly average food, I think it's not somewhere I'd like to go back to, tbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!