Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Friendship Oriental Seafood Restaurant, Beverley Hills

Initially, we were planning to go to Iron Chef in Cabramatta but my dad didn't recommend it and we have tried it before so we thought we'd go somewhere new called Friendship Oriental Seafood Restaurant (477 King Georges Road, Beverley Hills). When we entered, there was definitely enough space for the 7 of us at dinner and although I can't remember the exact prices, most of the dishes were decently priced at around $20-25 each dish excluding the crab and duck. The food did take a while to come but that was okay because we get free soup!

Oh, nearly forgot! I totally recommend you to bring someone who can read Chinese if you come here because the Chinese and English menus are really different lol! I looked at the English menu with my sister and we thought there were so less dishes here to eat.. Then we asked our mum for the Chinese menu and whoaa! Everything was there loll. Although there were some dishes in the English menu that weren't in the Chinese menu loll, so weird. But yeah, the real stuff is in the Chinese menu so read that one for sure!

Complimentary Soup of the Day (Free!)

It's pork bone soup! My mum makes this a lot at home so I really liked it and had two bowls! Very refreshing and sweet. Good start to the meal! Main deal is of course the soup and not the meat :P

Roast Duck (2 eats)

I think this was supposed to be around $40 or something but there was a special that day so was only $28. It comes with peking duck and then they serve the rest of the duck on a plate for you to eat. Obviously, I forgot to take a photo until I took a bite haha but the duck was nice and tender but the pancakes were a bit floury. Otherwise, nice.

Roast Duck (2 eats)

When we got the rest of the duck, sadly it was rather dry and not as meaty as you would expect. Wasn't very impressed.

King Prawns with Snow Peas

It's hard to get this one wrong! Haha, this one was nice, a very plain but satisfying dish. Definitely great for washing out the strong tastes of the other dishes. King prawns were also very good and snow peas weren't overcooked, which was great!

Beef Brisket Claypot

This one was a bit undermining since it seemed to contain more beef tendons than beef brisket which I like. Flavour was quite simple and not very dense, which was good. It did taste like it had been submerged in the sauce for a while so that was yum!

Crab with Vermicelli

I'm not the biggest fan of crab but I love this dish! It soaks up all the crab sauce and is so flavoursome and springy. I love these noodles with crab!

Deep Fried Tofu w/ mushroom claypot

The tofu pot is a standard I love and this one didn't really disappoint either, the tofu was great soaking up the sauce along with the mushroom and tofu skin. Definitely a great veggies dish! This one is usually safe to order at any restaurant haha.

Crab with yi mein

I was super looking forward to this one but was left so disappointed! The noodles weren't cooked thoroughly eughh, still uncooked :( so it was a bit hard sigh. Otherwise, crab was nice but hard to eat as usual haha.

Peking Pork Spare Ribs w/ Fried Milk

My sister was really curious about fried milk and she loves peking ribs so we ordered this. The fried milk was surprisingly nice with a little crispy outside and smooth milky tofu and custard sort of texture inside that tasted pretty much like milk. Fascinating but not sure if I like it hahaha. As for the ribs, they were good! Tender and the pieces weren't oversized like some restaurants, it's a bit more on the soggy side though which was a bit of a minus.

Overall, it was a nice family dinner with everyone (except my dad!) but it's not somewhere I'd probably go back to considering it's quite out of the way for me and the dishes weren't exceptionally done well. I guess, we'll go back to the hunt for a better Chinese restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!