Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Rasa Delights, Eastwood

A lot of these food trips were done before my sister left for Japan since she wanted to eat at all these places haha so forgive me for constantly mentioning her even though she's been in Japan for a while now loll. This time, it's a Malaysian restaurant called Rasa Delights (Shop 115, 80 Rowe Street, Eastwood). My sister was craving hainan chicken before she left and so she said we should come here. We got here pretty late around 8pm but it was still quite bustling. Luckily we got a table straight away and was served very quickly. Service was quick and prompt and attentive.

Veggies with Oyster sauce (Free!)

So nice of them to worry about our daily veggies intake! Hahaha, I love getting free veggies. These were very simply boiled in water and then taken out to dip with oyster sauce. A standard but nice dish.

Teh Tarik (Malaysian style Milk Tea) $3.50 for cold

This is $3 for a hot version but I really wanted a cold drink on the side so I opted for this one. I love the cup! It was also very milky and not too sweet. Most importantly, the taste was very smooth, I liked it, but it did have a bit too much ice and thus diluted the taste quite a bit after a while.

Bak Kut Teh (Large $18.80)

I always thought Bak Kut Teh was literally tea but apparently it's meat cooked in broth with no tea involved at all haha! It's great for drinking or dipping with foods. I drank a bit and I felt so warm and full. It has this nice sweet saltiness to it that is great with rice or alone as well. Meat and mushrooms were also brewed very well in the broth and thus absorbed all of the taste of the broth and was very soft to eat. The meat practically rolled off the bone, yuum~

Malaysian Curry Beef Brisket (Medium $13.80)

I was a bit excited for this one and I have to say, the tender pieces were sooo good! Strong curry flavour that is a bit spicy but nevertheless, really delicious. However, there were pieces that were really tough to chew that I nearly choked on lmao so that was a turn off.

Boneless Hainan Chicken (Half) ($18.80)

We really wanted a whole chicken but they only had half left so we just got the rest. When my sister told me the hainan chicken here was good, I really didn't expect it to be so smooth and tender! Way smoother than my skin lmao. It comes with the three usual sauces to dip with making it a very delicate but great dish.

Overall, I would recommend this place if you're looking for some nice Bak Kut Teh to warm you and your companions up and if you're really craving some hainan chicken as well because those two dishes are definitely recommended! It's a small shop but it's fast and efficient. I think I'd like to go again when I have some cravings for these dishes ahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!