Saturday, July 9, 2016

Kanzo. Parramatta

Long time no see everyone! Been MIA for a while because of an erratic skin condition affecting my face. I thought I'd be able to enjoy my holidays after the uni semester finished but then this happened in the period of my exams and was just ughhh. It's probably the weather and eczema acting up again sigh. But anyway! I've been slowly recovering after a few visits to the doctor and hopefully it goes away completely!

I was able to grab a quick lunch at Parramatta with my friend the other day and wasn't sure what to eat so I thought I'd Google some stuff and came across this Japanese restaurant called Kanzo (Shop 6, 55-67 George Street) so we decided to try it out! No line at all but it is a pretty small shop so you might have to wait for seats depending on the situation but it has a pretty quick turnover rate since this isn't exactly the most comfortable place to sit with how cramped the space is. It's okay once you sit down though. But yeah, I'd recommend this place for a quick lunch but not somewhere you'd want to exactly sit in for hours on end.

Takoyaki 5 pcs ($4)

Takoyaki!! I haven't eaten this in so long! Was super excited to eat this! But sadly, it only had a tiny piece of octopus in each ball so it was a bit disappointing. But overall, it tasted okay, a bit on the smaller side though, the photo makes them look so big hahahaha, it's a lie.

Free Side Salad

Typical salad that comes along with a meal! I didn't try it because I generally don't like these salads.

Teriyaki Chicken Udon ($11)

For the main meal! Sorry for that random ray of light on it lmao, but this was pretty nice. The teriyaki chicken was really tender and nicely flavoured and the udon noodles were nice and chewy. It also has enoki mushrooms in the soup and I absolutelyy love those! And the addition of a slice of fish cake is always good. The soup was also very densely packed with the seawood flavour soup that is alike many udon soups. Very light but very flavoursome, I really enjoyed it and would definitely eat this again.

Overall, I think this is a great place to grab a quick lunch or two with a friend considering how cheap and quick it is in how efficiently they come with the food after you order but it can be a rather cramped place due to its size but I think it's worth a try if you want something cheap, quick and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!