Saturday, July 8, 2017

Dessert Kitchen, Haymarket

I was supposed to try the ice stream ramen here but my friend and I were really cold and rather full so we got some rather lightweight desserts instead. It's located real close to Market City, like 5 mins away so super convenient to get to! (Shop 1/78 Harbour St, Haymarket) I don't really remember the prices of some besidse the drinks so can't comment much but service was quick, food came in around 10 minutes and my milk tea probably took another 5 minutes after that.

Matcha and Azuki Bean Waffle w/ Green Tea Ice Cream

Although the prices are rather average, the portion size of this one was quite small but I quite like the texture. If you like your eggettes that are crisp on the outside but light and fluffy on the inside (which is kinda my thing), then you'll enjoy this. The azuki was really sweet and seems like canned ones and the matcha ice cream had a strong taste of matcha along with that bitterness in the aftertaste. I don't mind that so it was rather refreshing with the sweetness of the azuki and the plainness of the waffle. Overall, it was a solid basic dessert but nothing outstanding. 

Mango Serradura Pudding & Hong Kong Milk Tea w/ Polar Bear Marshmallow ($6.50)

I didn't and am still quite unsure what a serradura is but it tastes like shaved ice with bread or biscuit combined together to make up this mashed up iced pudding. Not sure if the icy taste to it is because it came from the fridge or because it's a part of the taste but honestly, I didn't like this at all. Lacked real (or any) mango flavour and not a fan of that texture. 

Isn't the milk tea cuteee? I guess that's the highlight of these hot chocolates and milk teas here since there are these cute marshmallows! Honestly. I'm not a fan of marshmallows but they are rather soft and a bit powdery. It melts rather quick though so take a photo quick. Personally, I prefer the milk tea over the hot chocolate since it has a really strong and nice tea flavour to it with a bit of milk and sweetness. It's not too sweet so that was great~ I would recommend it, but it is rather expensive for how small the cup is and there are other places that are better and cheaper.

Hot Chocolate w/ Kitty Marshmallow ($6.50)

So adorableeee! As stated above, cup is very small for the price. As for the taste, I really didn't like it, didn't taste milky or creamy at all, it was more like a hot chocolate made up of mostly water and chocolate, it was quite watery so I wasn't very impressed.

Overall, I think if you're in for the gimmick of the cute marshmallows, then by all means the presentation will not disappoint you but in terms of taste of their desserts, can't really say I'd recommend the ones I tried because they honestly weren't that great besides maybe the eggettes. Maybe I'll try other desserts to see if there are hidden gems but otherwise, nothing special~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!