Friday, July 28, 2017

Yasaka Ramen, CBD & Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tarts, CBD

Previously my sister visited Yasaka Ramen (126 Liverpool St, Sydney) in the beginning of 2016 and around December that year as well and she really enjoyed their ramen. So, we decided to visit again after she returned from Japan. When we first entered into the restaurant, for some reason the floor was really slippery (I nearly slipped zz) and when you go upstairs, the air is extremely pungent of ramen and pork making it really difficult to breathe. Tbh, I really didn't want to stay after that because I actually felt quite sick just sitting there lol. Anyway, we stayed and ordered. The restaurant was relatively busy around 6:30pm but we still got a table for 3 and we got our food in around 10 minutes.

Egg Ramen ($14.80)

I decided to just get something basic rather than the kakuni that my sister and brother ordered. I tried the kakuni and alike my siblings, we thought it was extremely sweet but the meat was very tender. As for the chashu, it wasn't really grilled at all and filled with fat rather than a nice balance of meat and fat. When I took a bite, it was just a mouthful of fat and I literally felt quite sick from eating it. The egg was good though, gooey and soft!

The soup base was similar to the chashu, filled with fat sadly. It was also very thick like goo. If we had to compare it to Gumshara, Gumshara has a good fat and is thick because it's filled with the nutrients of pork bones boiled in the soup for a very long time. Whereas, for Yasaka, it tasted like it had all the crappy fat and goo accumulated into the soup making it super oily and sickening. The noodles were also very plastic-ky making it very chewy but in an uncooked way.

Mango Calpis ($4.50)

This was a breath of fresh air from the fatty soup base. It was lightly sweet and very cooling in the restaurant. It was more on the watery side than the calpis side though and that's probably because of the ice and stuff. I liked it but I might have been influenced from the fact that I didn't enjoy my ramen so this was my only salvation lolol.

Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tarts

Chocolate Tart ($4.20)

Since I really love the cheese tarts here (I like them more than Uncle Tetsu!), I thought I'd try out their new chocolate tart. Unfortunately, this way way too nutty for me and the chocolate tasted like hazelnut chocolate as well so it was an overload of a chocolate nut taste, so unless you enjoy that, this is definitely more of a nut tart than a chocolate tart.

Overall, Yasaka was definitely a disappointment and I don't think I'd like to visit again but cheese tarts (not the chocolate tart T_T) are definitely worth it~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!