Saturday, July 8, 2017

Hong Kong Bing Sutt, Burwood

Knowing that a new HK cafe/restaurant opened quite recently, I decided to venture to Hong Kong Bing Sutt (17 Deane Street, Burwood) with my sister after checking the photos on Instagram (as usual haha).

We went there around 6pm or a bit later and we had to wait for around 15-30 minutes for 3 people~ The atmosphere is really nice in that it kinda looks like a HK cafe you would see in TVB LOL and service was relatively quick to take orders and serve the food. I don't remember the prices but they were fairly average but more on the just a bit more expensive than the average HK cafe scale.

Hong Kong Milk Tea

This seems to be the most popular ordered drink here so we had to try it~ If you like your milk tea with more of a tea taste and slight sweetness to the point where it probably wasn't even sweet at all, then you'll like this. Personally, I didn't mind it but I do enjoy my milk tea more on the sweeter side. I'm not sure how authentic this is to HK milk tea since I've never tried it in HK but people have said it is.

Baked Pork Chop Fried Rice with Tomato Sauce

If you're a fan of this dish, then it won't disappoint you but it won't wow you either. It's a pretty standard and reliable dish but it is definitely more on the tomato-ey side of things and relatively cheesy. If you like a mush of pork, tomato rice and a bit of cheese, you'll probably enjoy it :D

Curry Beef Brisket

This was my favourite of the bunch! It wasn't too spicy and the beef brisket was extremely soft and soaked in the sauce very well. If you're fond of the curry taste but can't take spiciness very well, then this will be perfect~ It was really good with the rice and we literally cleaned up the whole thing! XD

Soft Shell Crab w/ spices

Honestly, I really didn't like this. The spices, the oil and the lack of meat in the soft shell crab made this whole dish felt like eating a pile of shell with weird smelling spices, so I really didn't like this at all and wouldn't recommend it.

Overall, I don't think this restaurant is particularly special considering the long wait time but it is decent that I guess it's worth a try if you're curious. However, it's not somewhere I would recommend or feel the need to return to. The food isn't bad, it's average but nothing outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you like!